Jeff C. Strachan, MS, DDS
Education:» Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) State University of New York at Stony Brook (SUNY) (1985)
» Master of Science (MS) Long Island University (LIU), Brooklyn, NY (1981)
» Bachelor of Science (BS) Pace University, New York, NY (1975)
» University of South Carolina Medical School Charleston, South Carolina Certificate of Completion in advanced bone grafting. (2004)
» Misch Institute LICH, Brooklyn, NY - Certificate of Completion in Removable and Fixed Implants and Prostheses. (1998)
» MAP Institute - St. Petersburg, Florida - Certificate in Advanced Bone Grafting (2001)
- » General and comprehensive dental practice since 1985.
- » Extensive participation in continuing professional education courses.
- » Membership in good standing and active participation in ADA, AGD, ICOI, Second District Dental Society, and New Heights Study Club.
- » Appointment to Ethics and Peer Review Committees, Second District Dental Societies, NY State.
- » Associate Attending, Department of Dentistry, Long Island Hospital.
- » General Practice Residency - Long Island College Hospital (LICH), Brooklyn, NY (1986)
- » Private General & Comprehensive Dental practice - Brooklyn, NY (1986 - present)
Implants, Surgical placementsof Bicon & Zimmer endosteal root formed Dental implants.
Sinus augmentation(lateral wall & through the socket). Bone grafting (autogeneous and allo block grafts), particle grafts with barriers, bone splitting , and bone spreading.
Endodonticsutilizing nickel titanium rotary instrumentation, apicoectomy - root tip surgery with and without retrograde fillings, post removal and re treatment of failing root canals. Apexification and tooth reimplantation following traumatic avulsion.
Periodonticsutilizing surgical, non surgical, and chemotherapeutic methodology-guided tissue regeneration (GTR), extraction socket therapy with resorbable barriers. maintenance of stable cases.
Prosthodonticswith competency in fixed and removable, full and partial prostheses. Also with utilizing precision and semi-precision attachments, telescopic copings, and overdenture attachments.
Aesthetic Dentistryusing porcelain and composite laminates, onlays, inlays, and metal-free crowns including Wolceram, Procera, Cercon and IPS Empress.
Oral Surgeryincluding, but not limited to simple, partial, and full bony as well as third molar extractions. Exposure of impacted teeth for the purpose of orthodontic fixation of bracket. Removal of maxillary and mandibular tori.
- » Member, Academy of General Dentistry
- » Member, American Dental Association
- » Diplomate, International Congress Of Oral Implantology
- » Member, New York State Dental Association
- » Member, Second District Dental Society
- » Appointment to Ethics & Peer Review Committees
- » Member, New Heights Study Club